Sunday, November 27, 2011

Villa Cook

All settled in and had a great snorkel - went over the reef!!  Saw an amazing school of stripped yellow and black fish.  J saw some cool white fish but I didn't notice them.  Saw more fish over here and now that the reef has been crossed, am sure to see many more!

Villa Cook is older than Villa Wallis.  Older furnishings, but more open and airy.  Both are so different it's hard to compare.  Except Villa Cook does have a wrap around deck (2-sides) and the hammock and lounge chairs are more comfortable.  Perhaps not as cozy and private as Villa Wallis, but the 2 separate bedrooms and outdoor bathroom showers are pretty cool!

Made lunch and enjoyed a Tahiti Treat while making it - my own version :D  2 fingers of Tahitian Rum, 2 fingers of juice, and a cup of fruity ice cream. YUM. 

Relaxing now and letting lunch settle before hitting the water again - and maybe a run to the store for some more food! 

Have twice now been freaked out by geckos - one in my my shower and then one that leapt out of a cupboard when I opened it.  Screamed and J laughed her ass off at me.  Also laughed at me again when she said "what's that behind you?"  when we were out snorkeling.  Swallowed half the ocean in my panic.

And yeah, I've been pretty much been living in my bathing suits since arriving.  Today has been cooler than yesterday - but could just be that Villa Cook is more exposed to the wind than Villa Wallis. 




That was 6 hours ago and now the sun is just setting and time to put some steaks on the bbq!  And maybe just maybe get a picture posted up on the blog tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment